Austin Real Estate Consultants specializes in the review and appeal of property assessments, rental arbitrations and appraisals. Peter Austin formed the company in 2003 after having been a partner at Burgess Austin Cawley for 25 years, which he had founded in 1978 with Mr. Burgess.
Over the last few years, on average, the company has been responsible for the review of the assessment notices of over 500 properties annually. Consequently, Mr. Austin has developed an in-depth knowledge of the system and the associated legal cases that affect how properties are assessed, which number over 400. Mr. Austin has saved clients millions of dollars in taxes over the years.
Major companies in all sectors of the market have been represented, including Bosa Development Corporation, Townline, The Pattison Group, Shoppers Drug Mart and ICBC, to name a few.
Austin Real Estate Consultants is owned and operated by Aura Properties Ltd.
- Whistler and Pemberton Assessed Values
- 2023 Assessment Update
- 2023 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Expected Assessed Value Changes In 2023
- Potential Property Tax Relief For Local Businesses
- Reasons For Landlords To Appeal Their Property Assessments
- Developers need to Appeal the Additional School Tax (AST)
- 2022 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Misconceptions within the Property Assessment Process
- Additional School Tax Exemption for Developers
- Minimizing Property Tax on Development Land
- Assessment Of Residential Sites Under Construction
- Should Homebuilders Be Paying Additional School Tax?
- Development Sites: Is The Additional School Tax Applicable?
- Vancouver Vacancy Tax
- Resolving Disputes - A New Approach
- BC Foreign Investors Tax
- NAIOP Industrial Panel
- Opportunities for Brokers
- How are School Taxes Calculated? | doc