PROPERTY ASSESSMENT APPEAL DEADLINE
Do you need assistance determining if your assessments are fair and equitable?
You should have received your assessment notice by now. If not go to www.bcassessment.ca which will direct you to the respective assessment district office. Request a copy. If you are a tenant, your landlord will have one.
If you feel your value is high as at July 2009, then you should appeal the assessment, following the steps detailed in the assessment notice.
The deadline for appeal is FEBRUARY 1 2010. If you do not make this deadline then you will not have an opportunity to appeal till next year. Generally, you can not appeal the tax amount given to you in July by the municipality. Nonreceipt of your notice is not a valid reason for missing the deadline.
If you have any questions contact me (604 689 1233).
- 2019 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Understanding B.C.'s Proportional Representation Referendum (PPTX)
- NDP Property Tax Increases In 2019
- Amacon Update
- Vancouver Vacancy Tax
- 2018 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Misconceptions within the Property Assessment Process
- Mayor's Council Proposal for Funding Transit
- Resolving Disputes - A New Approach
- Mixed Use Properties - Potential reclassification for Property Taxation
- Classification of Mixed Use Properties September 2016 Update
- Possible Effects of FIT on Assessments
- BC Foreign Investors Tax
- NAIOP Industrial Panel
- Classification of Mixed Use Sites - Part 2
- Opportunities for Brokers
- Valuation of Properties Under Construction
- Is Assessed Value Equal to Market Value?
- Civil Resolution Tribunal Update - October 2014
- Assessment Appeal Board Changes Classification for Mixed Use Development Sites
- Strata Civil Resolution Tribunal Update
- Reviewing Appraisals - Download
- Resolving a Rental Dispute
- How are School Taxes Calculated? | doc