Austin Real Estate Consultants specializes in the review and appeal of property assessments, rental arbitrations and appraisals. Peter Austin formed the company in 2003 after having been a partner at Burgess Austin Cawley for 25 years, which he had founded in 1978 with Mr. Burgess.
Mr. Austin has been involved in the appeal process for over 30 years, and was the Chair of the BC Chapter of the Canadian Property Tax Association for 5 years up to 2011 and the Past President of the National Association.
Over the last few years, on average, the company has been responsible for the review of the assessment notices of over 400 properties annually. Consequently, Mr. Austin has developed an in-depth knowledge of the system and the associated legal cases that affect how properties are assessed, which number over 400. Mr. Austin has saved clients millions of dollars in taxes over the years.
Major companies in all sectors of the market have been represented, including Bosa Development Corporation, Polygon Properties, Great West Life, The Pattison Group and Shoppers Drug Mart, to name a few.
Austin Real Estate Consultants is owned and operated by Aura Properties Ltd.
- Additional School Tax Exemption for Developers
- Minimizing Property Tax on Development Land
- Why Such An Increase 2021 Industrial Property Taxes?
- Burnaby Industrial Properties Appear to be Over-Assessed
- Have BC Assessment Over-assessed Retail Spaces
- 2021 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Assessment Of Residential Sites Under Construction
- Should Homebuilders Be Paying Additional School Tax?
- City of Vancouver Land Averaging 2020
- Government Assistance: Property Tax
- 2020 Assessment of Apartment Properties
- Development Sites: Is The Additional School Tax Applicable?
- 2020 Property Assessment Value Changes
- BC Lower Mainland Market Update 2020
- Taxes Affecting Real Estate In 2019
- Development of Sites Under Construction - 2020
- Land Averaging For 2019 Property Tax In Vancouver
- 2019 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Understanding B.C.'s Proportional Representation Referendum (PPTX)
- Amacon Update
- Vancouver Vacancy Tax
- 2018 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Misconceptions within the Property Assessment Process
- Mayor's Council Proposal for Funding Transit
- Resolving Disputes - A New Approach
- Mixed Use Properties - Potential reclassification for Property Taxation
- Classification of Mixed Use Properties September 2016 Update
- Possible Effects of FIT on Assessments
- BC Foreign Investors Tax
- NAIOP Industrial Panel
- Classification of Mixed Use Sites - Part 2
- Opportunities for Brokers
- Valuation of Properties Under Construction
- Is Assessed Value Equal to Market Value?
- Civil Resolution Tribunal Update - October 2014
- Assessment Appeal Board Changes Classification for Mixed Use Development Sites
- Strata Civil Resolution Tribunal Update
- Reviewing Appraisals - Download
- Resolving a Rental Dispute
- How are School Taxes Calculated? | doc