Strata Dispute Resolution
The current Strata Act allows owners and strata corporations to take their disputes to arbitration rather than the courts. Do many use this quick and inexpensive approach today?
In late 2013 or early 2014, strata disputes will be handled under the provisions of Bill 44, Civil Resolution Tribunal Act.
Until then, arbitration is the quickest and cheapest way to resolve disputes and pre-arbitration discussion can assist in achieving that end and identifying issues.
I and other members of the BC Arbitration and Mediation Institute are very capable of assisting in this process, which can save your property managers and strata council’s significant time and energy.
My qualifications include:
- Degree in Real Estate
- Qualified Real Estate Appraiser for over 3 decades
- Certified Arbitrator [ C.Arb ]
- Past president of the Canadian Property Tax Association
- Current board member of the BC Arbitration and Mediation Institute
- Current Owner of a Strata unit
- Member of Council for a Strata Corporation at Whistler for 4 years
- Member of the "Restoration subcommittee" for the last 2 years for Strata at ArbutusVillage
- Appeared as expert witness in front of many tribunals and Supreme Court.
If you would like to learn more about this process, please contact me.
- 2019 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Understanding B.C.'s Proportional Representation Referendum (PPTX)
- NDP Property Tax Increases In 2019
- Amacon Update
- Vancouver Vacancy Tax
- 2018 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Misconceptions within the Property Assessment Process
- Mayor's Council Proposal for Funding Transit
- Resolving Disputes - A New Approach
- Mixed Use Properties - Potential reclassification for Property Taxation
- Classification of Mixed Use Properties September 2016 Update
- Possible Effects of FIT on Assessments
- BC Foreign Investors Tax
- NAIOP Industrial Panel
- Classification of Mixed Use Sites - Part 2
- Opportunities for Brokers
- Valuation of Properties Under Construction
- Is Assessed Value Equal to Market Value?
- Civil Resolution Tribunal Update - October 2014
- Assessment Appeal Board Changes Classification for Mixed Use Development Sites
- Strata Civil Resolution Tribunal Update
- Reviewing Appraisals - Download
- Resolving a Rental Dispute
- How are School Taxes Calculated? | doc