2011 Assessed Values
When reviewing your new assessed values, a few factors you should be aware of or consider are:
- Valuation date is July 01, 2010
- BC Assessment values the property by comparing it to other properties
- Do sales support the BC Assessment value?
- Have any negative aspects of the property been reflected in the value?
- For investment property, have BC Assessment used the correct economic rental income and the correct capitalization rate?
- Is the property correctly classified?
- Is your property assessed equitably with other properties?
- Appeal deadline January 31, 2011.
If you do not appeal by the deadline, there is NO opportunity to appeal until 2012.
For information regarding your assessments, go to the BC Assessment website at www.bcassessment.ca and select the EvalueBC option or contact me.
- NDP Property Tax Increases In 2019
- Amacon Update
- Vancouver Vacancy Tax
- 2018 Property Assessment Value Changes
- Misconceptions within the Property Assessment Process
- Mayor's Council Proposal for Funding Transit
- Resolving Disputes - A New Approach
- Mixed Use Properties - Potential reclassification for Property Taxation
- Classification of Mixed Use Properties September 2016 Update
- Possible Effects of FIT on Assessments
- BC Foreign Investors Tax
- NAIOP Industrial Panel
- Classification of Mixed Use Sites - Part 2
- Opportunities for Brokers
- Valuation of Properties Under Construction
- Is Assessed Value Equal to Market Value?
- Civil Resolution Tribunal Update - October 2014
- Assessment Appeal Board Changes Classification for Mixed Use Development Sites
- Strata Civil Resolution Tribunal Update
- Reviewing Appraisals - Download
- Resolving a Rental Dispute
- How are School Taxes Calculated? | doc